Creating an ePortfolio
Learn HOW – Present
When you are creating your ePortfolio, you will need to consider who you will be presenting your ePortfolio to. You may be submitting your ePortfolio as part of a course assessment, you may be sharing your work with your peers or you may be showing prospective employers your skills and achievements. This may result in several people viewing different aspects of your ePortfolio.
Developing an online presence or digital identity is an important aspect to consider when creating an ePortfolio.
Watch the following videos to hear Catherine Cronin’s and Helen Beetham’s thoughts about digital identity.
Listen to Liam Horan, Managing Director of Sli Nua Careers, talking about the use of ePortfolios in recruitment and selection.
- Example 5
- Example 6
- Example 7
- Dr Helen Barrett has developed many versions of her own ePortfolio.
- Thompson Rivers University – Sharing your ePortfolio
- Thompson Rivers University – Sharing your ePortfolio (Checklist)
- University of Plymouth – myBrand (useful information about developing your online ‘brand’ or identity)
- Building coherent digital identity with a digital storytelling
- Be conscious of your social media image
- Employers are using social media to recruit. Will they find you?