Incorporating an ePortfolio Project
Learn HOW – Assess
Assessing digital portfolios can be tricky. You need to make sure you get the balance right between the marks awarded for the content and reflection in the portfolio versus the technical proficiency and design. The weighting that is appropriate for each will depend on the learning outcomes the project is meant to address.
Below are some sample rubrics that have been used in other institutions that you might find useful as a guide. You will find many more available on the web.
- ePortfolio formative feedback and checklist (Learning, Teaching and Technology Centre (DIT))
- ePortfolio assessment criteria (Learning, Teaching and Technology Centre (DIT)
- EPortfolio (Digital Portfolio) Rubric (University of Wisconsin)
- Institute of Technology Tralee Department of Nursing and Health Care Science: e-Portfolio Assessment Rubric (2015)
- e-Portfolio Assessment Rubric (The university of Tennessee)